Since 2016 | Business Analyst | FIS, Belgium
FIS – Fidelity National Information Services Inc.
Business analysis, project coordination and product implementation of digital platforms that handle payments, disputed transactions and transactional services between a company, its partners and its customers.
- Meeting the client to discuss its business needs;
- Project coordination during the software implementation phase;
- Installation and configuration of the solution within the client’s environment;
- Product presentation, user training and post project support.
Related project: CBK software.
Related training: Accounting and finance for IT professionals.
2015-2016 | Consultant in Software Implementation | Sofico, Belgium
Implementation of Miles, which is a flexible end-to-end software for automotive finance, leasing, fleet and mobility management, after the analysis of the client’s requirements and their translation into a configuration solution.
- Business consulting (e.g. functional analysis and reporting);
- Participation in the technical aspects of the implementation (e.g. batch processing, interface, security, data mapping, testing);
- Budget determination for configuration and migration;
- Participation in pre-sales and commercial activities.
- Requirements engineering;
- Miles configuration training;
- Introduction to Scrum;
- Miles functional training.
2013-2015 | Consultant in Energy Efficiency | E² = MC, Belgium
Implementation of energy efficiency policies aimed at improving the rational use of energy and the energy performance of buildings (e.g. improvement of the thermal insulation and both heating and lighting systems).
- Project management (e.g. supervision of subcontracted work, writing and management of both technical and activity reports);
- Analysis of energy efficiency-related works (e.g. using technical, energetic and economic criteria so as to determine their relevance and rank them according to their energy efficiency).
- Sustainable development: issues and paths;
- Sustainability in practice;
- Global sustainable energy;
- Energy and vulnerable households;
- Passive and (very) low energy building.
2012-2013 | R&D Engineer | Inspiralia / Pera, Spain
Design, proposal and implementation of industrial projects based on intelligent systems (e.g. pattern recognition, data analysis, image processing and artificial intelligence) for the benefit of SMEs11 in European consortiums.
- Participation in the data acquisition;
- Implementation of state-of-the-art algorithms;
- Prototype creation based on Matlab and C++ in a Windows environment;
- Supervision of subcontracted work;
- Writing of both technical reports and scientific publications.
Related project: APIFRESH.
2011-2012 | Scientific Software Engineer | CISTIB, UPF, Spain
CISTIB – Computational Imaging and Simulation Technologies in Biomedicine
UPF – Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Participation in the development of GIMIAS10, which is a workflow-oriented software framework whose objective is the fast prototyping of applications for solving advanced biomedical image computing and simulation problems.
- Programming within the team using SVN6;
- C++ plugin development in a Windows environment;
- Use of open source libraries (e.g. VTK5, ITK4, wxWidgets);
- Software optimization to speed up computation time.
Related project: GIMIAS framework.
2007-2010 | Ph.D. Candidate | Asclepios, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France
INRIA – Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique
Early Stage Researcher (ESR) in the EU Marie Curie project 3D Anatomical Human (3DAH). Main research topics include liver segmentation in CT9 images, bone segmentation in MR8 images and unsupervised clustering.
- Programming within the team using CVS7 and SVN6;
- State-of-the-art algorithm prototyping in Matlab;
- Software development in a Linux environment;
- Use of open source libraries (e.g. VTK5, ITK4, STL3);
- Bash scripting;
- Code parallelization.
- Regional appearance;
- 3D Anatomical Human;
- Multimodal prior;
- 3D reconstruction;
- Musculoskeletal simulation.
2006 | Team Member | ViCOROB, UdG, Spain
ViCOROB – Visió per Computador i Robòtica
UdG – Universitat de Girona
Participation in the SAUC-E2 robotics competition within the VICOROB-UdG team, which won the 2006 edition in London. Development of a program based on image processing for the real-time tracking of underwater objects.
- Real-time tracking of underwater objects using image processing;
- Programming in C in an embedded environment;
- Algorithm optimization to speed up computation time so as to reach real-time image processing (25 frames per second).
Related project: SAUC-E competition.
2005 | Intern | EASI, Belgium
Implementation of a centralized supervision system, which consists in detecting failures from various infrastructures on the network (e.g. servers, printers and workstations) and in generating alarms in a software interface.
- Installation and deployment of a supervision system in a multi-platform environment (e.g. Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/400);
- Plugin development using both Shell and Perl scripts;
- Creation of a multi-user mode based on LDAP1 authentication.
Related project: Centralized supervision.
- LDAP – Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
- SAUC-E – Student Autonomous Underwater Challenge – Europe
- STL – Standard Template Library
- ITK – The Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit
- VTK – The Visualization Toolkit
- SVN – Apache Subversion
- CVS – Concurrent Versions System
- MR – Magnetic Resonance
- CT – Computed Tomography
- GIMIAS – Graphical Interface for Medical Image Analysis and Simulation
- SMEs – Small and Medium Enterprises