Red Cross, Belgium (2016). The Brevet européen de premiers secours (BEPS) is a classroom training organized by the Belgian Red Cross. This training aims to make every citizen able to be the first actor in the relief chain when an emergency occurs. The objective is to learn with scenarios the basic rules of intervention as well as the necessary gestures in case of accident, such the displacement of a victim and the observation of its vital functions in case of emergency.
- Presentation of the course;
- Introduction to risk management;
- Exercises of observation.
- Approaching an unconscious victim;
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- External automatic defibrillator (EAD).
- Basic rules of intervention;
- Airway obstruction.
- Skin trauma;
- Emergency box;
- Musculoskeletal system trauma;
- Cranial and vertebral trauma;
- Summing-up exercises.
- Learn more about the BEPS – Brevet européen de premiers secours.
- Learn more about the Croix-Rouge de Belgique (Belgian Red Cross).