Cognitive Class training, MOOC (2020). This online training presents blockchain for business and explores use cases that demonstrate how this technology is radically improving supply chains and banking, as well as creating new opportunities for innovation. Blockchain technology provides a shared ledger to save time when recording transactions between parties, remove costs associated with intermediaries and reduce risks of fraud and tampering.
Module 1: What is blockchain?
- Business networks;
- Ledgers, transactions and contracts;
- The problem with existing networks;
- Different types of blockchain;
- Requirements of a blockchain for business.
Module 2: Examples of blockchain networks
- Improving global trade;
- Supply chain transparency;
- Global payments;
- Decentralized and trusted identity;
- Key players for blockchain adoption.
Module 3: IBM and blockchain
- IBM's blockchain strategy;
- IBM Blockchain Platform;
- Hyperledger project;
- Hyperledger Fabric.