Coursera training, MOOC (2020). These 2 online courses from Johns Hopkins University (US) have been attended in the midst of Covid-19 pandemic. The first explains how to identify and measure outbreaks like the Covid-19 epidemic, and how to understand the epidemiology of these infections. The second is about the science of SARS-CoV-2, including the infectious period, the clinical presentation of Covid-19, and why contact tracing can be an effective public health intervention.
Fighting Covid-19 with epidemiology
- How do we identify and measure outbreaks like Covid-19?
- How do we investigate and control outbreaks?
Covid-19 contact tracing
- Basics of Covid-19;
- Basics of contact tracing for Covid-19;
- Steps to investigate cases and trace their contacts;
- Ethics of contact tracing and technological tools;
- Skills for effective communication.