UML class diagrams
edX training, MOOC (2020). This online computer science training from KU Leuven (BE) provides an in-depth understanding of Unified Modeling Language (UML) class diagrams, which are used to visually represent the conceptual design of a system. The training presents UML class diagrams and explains how they are used to map out the structure of a business domain by showing business objects, their attributes and associations.
Week 1: Introduction
- Why does data modelling matter?
- Modelling languages.
Week 2: UML basics
- Attributes and data types;
- Class definitions;
- Unary and ternary association;
- Derived and implicit association;
- Parallel paths.
Week 3: UML advanced
- Superclass, subclass and inheritance;
- Generalisation sets;
- Constraints on generalisation and specialisation;
- Inherited associations;
- Association reification.
ArchiMate 3 in practice (Orsys training)
Business process and decision modeling (HPI training)