Quantum computing and physics
Udemy training, MOOC (2020). This online training presents quantum computing as the next wave of the software industry. Quantum computers are exponentially faster than classical computers of today. Problems that were considered too difficult for computers to solve, such as simulation of protein folding in biological systems and cracking RSA encryption, are now possible through quantum computers. The training is primarily about analyzing the behavior of quantum circuits using math and quantum physics.
Section 1: Introduction
- Why learn about quantum computing?
- How is quantum computing different?
Section 2: Quantum cryptography
- Experiments with photon polarization;
- No-cloning theorem;
- Encoding with XOR;
- Encryption with single-use shared-secrets;
- Encoding data in photon polarization.
Section 3: Foundation
- Complex numbers;
- Matrix algebra;
- Matrix multiplication;
- Logic circuits.
Section 4: Math model for quantum physics
- Modeling physics with math;
- Substractive probabilities through complex numbers;
- Modeling superposition through matrices.
Section 5: Quantum physics of spin states
- Matrix representation of quantum state;
- State vector;
- Experiments with spin.
Section 6: Modeling quantum spin states with math
- Analysis of experiments;
- Dirac bra-ket notation;
- Random behavior.
Section 7: Reversible and irreversible state transformations
- Irreversible transformations measurement;
- Reversible state transformations.
Section 8: Multi-qubit systems
- Multi-qubit systems.
Section 9: Quantum entanglement
- Quantum entanglement.
Section 10: Quantum computing model
- Quantum circuits;
- Reversible gates;
- CNOT and CCNOT gates;
- Universal and Fredkin gates;
- Superposition and entanglement on quantum gates.
Section 11: Quantum programming with Microsoft Q#
- Q# simulator hardware architecture;
- Measuring superposition states;
- Effect of superposition on quantum gates;
- Toffoli gate;
- Programming quantum computers.
Section 12: IBM quantum experience
- IBM quantum experience.
Section 13: Conclusion
- Speedup revisited.
Course certificate (Udemy)
Digital Annealer (Fujitsu project)
DataNews 2020 (FR) (magazine article, French version)
DataNews 2020 (NL) (magazine article, Dutch version)